Wednesday, September 21, 2011

the hunt for a new running shoes!

so im on my 6th day of training...had to run/walk for 25 minutes..

and i did!

but my nike shoes gave in...finally!

one of the cushions was detached and so i could use it again for training then may be i have to glue it using some kind of a solvent.

now, i need to get serious in my hunt for that new running shoes =D

i saw this at http://shop.nordstrom.com...


Nike 'Air Max+ 2011'

A favorite shoe, designed for runners with a neutral gait, is updated with an innovative Hyperfuse upper that offers lightweight yet durable support and enhanced breathability. An improved mesh inner sleeve gives the style a more plush fit and feel, with maximum impact protection.
At 50% off, it's only Php3,742 plus duties and shipping..

Next, my favorite from http://runningshoes.com...


Women's Asics GEL-Cumulus 13
"A gender-specific forefoot cushioning and full-length Solyte® Midsole Material, as well as the stability that makes it perfect for mild to moderate overpronators."

It is so lightweight at 9.3 oz and it has the ASICS® Design Philosophy which employs linked componentry that enhances the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.

I think it has all the features which a runner wants for a shoe. Though I am not sure if you could beat a Tarahumara Indian by using this!
Wow, it has everything BUT the affordability =C I checked this out at their branch in Greenbelt 3 and I think it costs around P9K+! But at the said website, price is USD94.95 though I don't know if they ship to the Philippines.

Now, let's see the Women's New Balance 890


It was named Best Neutral Shoe by Women's Running magazine in May 2011. Amazing features with shoe weight at 7.7 oz., wow! It has lightweight cushioning by using a blown rubber forefoot and it has an ABZORB Strobel Board which runs full length of shoe to maximize shock absorption and comfort.

My favorite feature though is its flat, soft laces that slide through uniquely flat lacing holes, locking them in place preventing top-of-foot discomfort. I always have such problem which hopefully could be addressed by this feature.
The name of world-class runner Jenny Barringer (I am a newbie so please don't expect me to know her at this stage, but will surely google her soonest!) appears on the 890.
DROOOLLLL!!!!

I think I will have the New Balance =D  If my beloved will allow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment